Thursday, February 12, 2015

Blog Post # 5

PLN's or Personal Learning Networks are anything from people to tools, that you can call on as a reference or aid. These particular devices are very efficient and extremely useful.

Within the world of education and teaching, there are constant discoveries of new and better ways to educate. With a personal learning network you can stay connected and it will constantly be updated to what is new.
Picture of symbaloo home screen with a lot of tiles
To create your own personal learning network as I did you can go to Symbaloo.com This website is extremely easy to use and very helpful. Once you create your account a tutorial starts to teach you how you can get the most out of this amazing tool. My favorite part of this tool is being able to change anything. You can add or delete any websites you would like.

I have finished creating my personal learning network and am very excited to get started using it. I have even made it my home screen for my Internet, so I can quickly and easily navigate anywhere. According to, Welcome to My PLE, personal learning networks are very useful in staying organized with a lot of information. With using these tools to teach students, we are encouraging them to explore on their own. Which according to Welcome to My PLE, is a big part in getting kids to actually enjoy what they are doing and learning.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Anthony! Great definition of what a PLN is. We used Symbaloo a couple years ago at my junior college and I completely forgot about it until I read your post. At the time I didn't know the definition of PLN but that without a doubt qualifies as one. It can show people exactly what you use and quick links to get there. I also definitely agree with getting kids to explore on their own. That gives them a sense of independence and kids really thrive from that, especially the younger ones.

    ReplyDelete